Case Study: Personalized Medicine
Case Study Ⅰ
- Bionest’s client, a global pharmaceutical company, with the strategic aim of becoming a leader in personalized medicine, had little experience commercializing personalized medicine therapeutics and their associated diagnostics. We were commissioned to create an over-arching personalized medicine strategy.
- Leveraging our extensive personalized medicine experience, and in-depth primary research, we developed a comprehensive commercialization plan, from pre-clinical stage to product launch, for personalized drugs and diagnostics. We ensured broad participation across the pharmaceutical company’s therapeutic and functional areas to maximize internal input and alignment through a series of workshops. We involved senior management throughout the project to ensure that the final deliverables were congruent with broader corporate strategy.
Value for the Client
- Bionest’s personalized medicine strategy was fully endorsed and is now being implemented, following the key processes, framework, and methodology we provided for each functional area. Our client now incorporates biomarkers into all its developmental and commercial programs.
Case Study Ⅱ
- Bionest’s client, a biotech company developing a novel therapeutic in the respiratory field, required assistance in the design of a commercialization strategy to accommodate a companion diagnostic. The goal was to maximize sales and ensure broad access to the therapeutic in a broad range of geographies.
- We conducted research with KOLs, payers, physicians, lab directors, company executives, and other experts across the US, European Union, and Japan. We then developed and recommended a strategy to maximize therapeutic sales, and also identified the important steps for successful launch of the diagnostic.
Value for the Client
- Using our experience in diagnostic development, we provided our client with a detailed map to commercialize the diagnostic agent in each geography area identified. The company is now implementing our key, country-specific strategies.